If you are dairy free you will love this dreamy side dish! It is soooooo creamy!!!! (actually you’ll love this even if you aren’t dairy free!)
You will need:
- 4 or 5 large potatoes
- 1 celeriac
- 1 medium onion
- 250g of soy cream ( I used Alpro) 1 veg stock cube
- 100g grated dairy free cheese (I used Sainsbury’s new Deliciously Free from Cheddar Style Cheese)
- 200 ml cold water
- salt and pepper
- 1 Veg stock cube
Let’s Cook It!
- Finely slice the potatoes so that they are about 1/4 cm thick. I don’t bother peeling them.
- Peel and finely slice the celeriac. I do this by chopping it into quarters and slicing each quarter. You will need them the same thickness as your potatoes.
- Peel and finely slice the onion.
- Put the onions, potatoes and the celeriac in a large mixing bowl.
- To the same bowl add the rest of the ingredients. (Apart from half of the cheese)
- Mix it all up so that the coating gets into all the nooks and crannies!
- Put the mixture in a shallow oven proof dish. (A lasagne or pie dish works well)
- Sprinkle the last of the dairy free cheese over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 15 mins until really crispy and bubbly.