I grew up in the 1980s which means I love a good chicken kiev ?
Actually any breaded chicken was a firm fave and I still love it now. But being dairy free means that I can’t buy some of the regular shop bought ones – no problem … they are easy to cook at home!
You will need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp of dairy free pesto
- 3 tbsp of dairy free spread ( I use Pure)
- A bowl of flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 3 eggs whisked and put in a bowl
- Homemade breadcrumbs in a separate bowl (seasoned with salt and pepper)
Let’s Cook it!
- Mix together the pesto and the dairy free spread.
- Take each chicken breast and with a sharp knife cut a slit in each one. You are looking to make each one look a little like a pitta bread 🙂
- Next take an equal amount of the pesto mix and put it inside each of the slits in the chicken breasts.
- Now take each chicken breast and dip in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs so that they are fully coated.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30/35 minutes until cooked through.