As today is Clean Sheet Tuesday I thought it would be fitting to talk about pillows!
On TOMM bed sheets get washed weekly but what about pillows? When was the was the last time you washed your pillows?
Pillows need washing at least every six months (more regularly if you live in a hot climate) and the good news is that it is actually really easy to do!
- Most pillows can be washed in the washing machine, but be sure to check the washing label as not all can be!
- If you have very delicate pillows it might be wise to wash them on the handwash cycle (as this will keep the spin cycle low)
- If you don’t have a handwash cycle then turn the spin speed down.
Here’s How To Wash Your Pillows:
- Make sure you follow the laundry care instructions to the letter!
- I usually wash two pillows at a time and dry two at a time. Being careful not to overload your machine. But at the same time, you want it to be balanced.
- When clean give them a really good thumping this will help them get back into their pillow like shape (this can be very good therapy if you are feeling a teensy bit stressed!)
- Now place them in the tumble dryer on a low setting. (I bung in a couple of clean tennis balls to help reshape them). If you fancy being posh you can buy tumble dryer balls.
Et voila! Clean Pillows!
Top tip for replacing pillows: Obviously pillows don’t live forever so a top tip is to fold them in half and if they spring back into shape they still have some life left in them!