So what do you do when you have an ever increasing ironing pile that is growing into a small hill and will soon become a mountain?
Well…it is all in the prep!
Top tips to get ironing done in half the time:
- If using a tumble dryer, don’t overload it. This will give your stuff more room and make it less likely to crease.
- Take your clothes out of the tumble dryer AS SOON AS THEY ARE DRY! This is so important. If you leave your clothes in there all day, they will CREASE LIKE HELL!
- When ironing organise your clothes into groups according to the heat setting that they need. Start with items that need the cooler setting first. That way you can gradually increase the heat of the iron as you move through the sorted clothes.
- When buying clothes/bed linen look out for the ones that are easy care/non iron – seriously life changing!
- If you are drying on a clothes airer or on a washing line, carefully arrange the clothes so that they dry with as little creases as possible.
- Dry shirts and dresses on clothes hangers on the washing line – when I did this for the first time I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t always been doing it!
- Iron clothes whilst they are still slightly damp – it reduces ironing time significantly!
- If you have the space, try to have an ironing board set up all the time – it will make it so much easier to do small chunks every now and then.
So there you have it – my top tips to avoid one of the most hated household jobs EVER!