Please make sure you that read the information on this page carefully as 99% of solutions are on this page.
At peak times it can take longer for your data to be retrieved from the main server. This means that the load time of job lists can take longer than normal. Please be patient (please try and avoid pressing the buttons repeatedly as this can slow things down further). We have invested heavily in a permanent new team to maintain the app. They are learning the usage patterns of TOMMers, learning the peak times of day where the app has the most users and they are working hard to speed things up at peak times. In the meantime, it is recommended that you open the day’s jobs and keep them open in the app whilst you are working through your list – if you close the app to use another application it will keep the job list open.
Congratulations on downloading the TeamTOMM App!
Happy dance 🎉
TeamTOMM®️ stands for “Team the Organised Mum Method” which is a housekeeping method created by me 😘 Gemma Bray. It is revolutionising the way people all over the world are tackling the day to day running of their homes. If you are brand new to TeamTOMM then first of all, welcome – you are going to love it!
You can read all about The Organised Mum Method and how to get started here! You don’t have to pay a penny to follow TOMM, you can download the tick lists for free on the home page of the blog.
But for those of you who are looking to take it to the next level, we have created the customisable app.
How to use the TeamTOMM App:
The TeamTomm App has been designed to make TOMMing easier.
To help you get up and running as soon as possible here is your quick start guide to the app.
- Once you have downloaded the app the first thing you need to do is share your log in details with anyone else in your household who will be TOMMing along with you. If you want your daily welcome message to be inclusive of all your fellow family members, then you will need to change the first name field to something like ‘The Green family’ or ‘The Greens’.
- It is now time to customise your jobs. You can do this by clicking on the “Customise TOMM” within the “Today’s TOMM” section. Here you will see that you can customise days (Level 1 and Level 2 jobs) to suit you and your family. This will help you to really make TOMM your own. Make sure you follow the instructions on the customisation page (for example, hitting the Refresh Day button) so that all your jobs save.
- Your first day TOMMing with the app. When you log in, you will be taken to today’s cleaning list. Everyone who logs in will be able to see what jobs have been done (so you won’t be repeating work).
- There is a handy Make a Note section so you can leave a note for another family member. When you have notes an envelope icon will appear in the top right-hand corner, next to the My Profile icon. You can use the Make a Note section to leave reminders for yourself and others.
- You can find your 30-minute timer and the links to the daily playlists within Today’s TOMM section of the app.
- If you need motivation then hit the red telephone on the homepage, where you will also find links to the TeamTOMM Facebook Groups, Instagram, The Blog and YouTube.
- If you want to roll over a job to the next day, you can do this within Today’s TOMM section of the app. When you roll a job over it will be added to the next day’s list of jobs (at the end of the list). Please note! If you roll a job over and then subsequently refresh the day you have rolled it over to, this will overwrite your saved data and you will lose the rolled over jobs. This is why it is important to set your own TOMM routine as soon as you download the app.
Why can’t I log in? If you are having trouble logging in, then please make sure that you are using your USERNAME and not your email address to log in. If you have requested a password reset email, make sure that you check your spam folder. If you are using a third-party email app then please check your native email junk folder as well. Also please make sure that you are running the latest version of the app.
Is the app a subscription? The app costs a one-off fee of £4.99 (hooray!!)
I have an Android, but my partner has an iPhone will we be able to share a login? Yes! Just make sure you are both using the same log in details.
99% of problems are solved within the following steps. It is therefore vital that you make sure you read through the list and take appropriate action (especially step 1).
Email us if you have not found the answer to your problem below. Tell us your username, clearly describing the problems you are experiencing and we will assist you. The support team will then look into your individual files on the database. As you can understand doing this for each individual user is time-consuming so this why it is imperative that you run through steps 1 – 7 first. This way our support team can concentrate on assisting the 1% of users who are affected by genuine bugs in the app.
1- You are not running the latest version of the app – please reinstall the app. If you think that you are running on the latest version this is not always the case as sometimes update downloads fail so please try this step first. This step is vital. We switched databases a few days ago and the new app directs users to the new database. If you are on the old app then you will be trying to access your data from the old database which will be why it is not functioning for you.
2 – At peak times it can take longer for your data to be retrieved from the main server. This means that the load time of job lists can take longer than normal. Please be patient (please try and avoid pressing the buttons repeatedly as this can slow things down further). We have invested heavily in a permanent new team to maintain the app. They are learning the usage patterns of TOMMers, learning the peak times of day where the app has the most users and they are working hard to speed things up at peak times. In the meantime, it is recommended that you open the day’s jobs and keep them open in the app whilst you are working through your list – if you close the app to use another application it will keep the job list open.
3 – We are aware that some devices are having issues with the auto-login and we are working to resolve this.
4 – If you can not see your customisations please make sure that you are pressing the ‘Refresh Day’ Button, this will overwrite the default data on the app for that day.
5 – Please make sure that you are entering your username and not your email address when you log in.
6 – If you have requested a reset code for your password then please check your spam folder. Sometimes the emails do not get through if you do not get an email within 30 mins of requesting a password reset then please let us know and we will send you the code directly. Please note: one of the main reasons for the password not working/email not being sent is because you are not running the latest version of the app (please refer to point 1)
7 – We are aware that on some devices the timer stops working when the device goes into sleep mode, we are working to resolve this.
If you have not found the solution to your problem on this page then please email: [email protected] and we will help you get back up and running as soon as we can.